Christian Political Ethics

This is an answer to a comment posted by stevehayes13: stevehayes13 wrote: Ron, I really object to this habit of yours of chopping up the discussion so that every comment is answered on on the same thread but on a new post: it is most...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by Arioch: Arioch wrote: "I would say that there is intuitive, or instinctive evidence [for the existence of God]." (Ron Allen) The problem with there being intuitive or instinctive evidence is...

Christian Political Ethics

This is an answer to a comment posted by stevehayes13: Ron, do you really need a god to hear the small voice? To me, the truth is obvious, it is simple, and it is straight-forward: and it is the voice of science and evidence and reason. Just...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by Arioch: Arioch wrote (to hearthappy45): Stump the Scholar, as you call it, isn't the intent. You perceive questions and objections as assaults on your faith; they're the tools of intelligent ...

Christian Political Ethics

This is an answer to a comment posted by stevehayes13: stevehayes13 wrote: 'God speaks to us with a quiet and humble voice.' (Ron Allen) I bet you are gonna struggle to find a Biblical reference to support that claim. Your...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by Arioch: Arioch wrote: While I disagree with faith in a Higher Power (meaning specifically a supernatural deity) since there is a lack of historical and scientific evidence, I agree with you...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by hearthappy45: hearthappy45 wrote: I think that Arioch is going to come up with so many different objections that no matter how many you solve logically, his game of stump the scholar will not...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by Arioch: Arioch wrote: And I respect an honest believer who can intelligently argue their point, though I may disagree with them. Kudos. Ron Allen answers: I hope that you will let me...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by hearthappy45: hearthappy45: dishonest, pessimistic, sceptical Christians should just quite calling themselves Christians and be honest about the cultural Christianity which pevades and destroys...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by hearthappy45: hearthappy45: I think that Arioch is going to come up with so many different objections that no matter how many you solve logically, his game of stump the scholar will not end...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by Arioch: Arioch wrote: Ah, but the idea that our morals come from God is not only poor logic but insulting to humanity as well. Ron Allen answers: I do not say that our morals come from...

Christian Political Ethics

This is an answer to a comment posted by EricCharlesSmith: EricCharlesSmith wrote: The question is how one defines "responsible." Ron Allen answers: Being responsible literally means being response-able, being able to...

Christian Political Ethics

This is an answer to a comment posted by stevehayes13: stevehayes13 wrote: Lot of believing you are doing there. It is simple. The Bible, the holy revealled word of God, speaks plainly. Have no god but God. Kill the sodomite. Kill...

Democratic Planning Versus Dictatorial Planning

Socialism is a political and economic theory of social organization which holds that a nation's land, transport, natural resources, and chief industries should be owned and controlled by the community as a whole.  Socialism includes the belief...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

This is an answer to a comment posted by Arioch: Arioch wrote: Always funny to see someone who claims that a group (Christianity) which makes up the vast majority of believers in the country, a significant number of believers world...

Christian Political Ethics

Can, and should a faithful Christian have an opinion, a belief concerning what constitutes a responsible society?  Christians usually do have a clear opinion about what constitutes a responsible self, a responsible individual. But, most...

Christians and the Struggle for Liberation

I believe that faithful Christians must be committed to the struggle for liberation locally, internally, nationally, and also globally, or internationally. If you are a Christian, I will be posting blogs, or readings which will demonstrate to...

Philosophy

"Philosophy is nothing but discretion." -- John Selden (1584 – 1654, English jurist, scholar of England's ancient laws    and constitution, and scholar of Jewish law)

Ideas

"Ideas do not 'mature'; only our courage to think them does." -- Hans Kudszus (1901-1977, German author)

Ambition

"All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries  or credulities of mankind." -- Joseph Conrad (born Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski, 1857 – 1924,    Polish-born British novelist)  

Compassion

"To grow old is to pass from passion to compassion." -- Albert Camus (1913 – 1960, French Algerian author, philosopher, and    journalist) 

Adversity

"Adversity makes a man wise, not rich." -- English proverb

Theoretical Purity and Political Impotence

This is an answer to a comment posted by EricCharlesSmith: EricCharlesSmith wrote: Theoretical purity is almost always compromised because politics calls for dealing with other people who form their own theories based on their own ...

Socialism and Planning

Socialists do believe in planning.  But planning can have two theoretical and practical sides.  State-socialism believes in centralized and bureaucratic planning.  But this is not the only possible form of socialism.  There is another form of...